The Trading Room Weekly Review.

In the week ended 27th September, 2019. The Nairobi Securities Exchange had a drop on week on week (w-o-w) turnover to Kes 2.6Bn against a turnover of Kes 2.8Bn transacted the previous week. On average, the daily turnover stood at 450Mn as compared to 515Mn on the previous week.

Total Market Volume for the week stood at 85Mn shares against a volume of 94Mn shares transacted last week. The average daily turnover stood at 11Mn as Thursday & Tuesday had a cumulative 79% of the total turnover moving 58Mn shares in the week.

The benchmark NSE All Share Index (NASI) closed Friday at 144.27, representing a week on week loss(W/W) of 0.49%, a 4-week month to month (M/M) loss of 2.24%, but an overall year-to-date (YTD) gain of 2.73%.

The NSE 25 Share Index (NSE25) closed Friday at 3457.24 points, which was a w/w loss of 0.13%, a M/M loss of 0.5%, and an overall year-to-date (YTD) loss of 2.66%.

The NSE 20 share Index (NSE20) closed at 2435.92 points which represented a w/w loss of -0.16%, a 4-week month to month (M/M) loss of 0.27% and a Year to date (YTD) loss of 14.04%.

The Derivatives Market(NEXT) of the NSE closed the week with a total of 17 contracts valued at Kes 534,000, a drop from the previous week of 94 contracts valued at 2.8Mn.

Scroll to Top